POSITION: Instructional Coach Las Vegas (Fulltime)
ABOUT THE POSITION: Reading In Motion is looking for an educator with a commitment to creating lifelong learners through the power of the arts, and who has experience coaching teachers in the use of engaging instructional methods. Reading In Motion is seeking to expand its team of Instructional Coaches to Las Vegas. As a Reading In Motion Instructional Coach, you’ll provide professional development for K1 teachers and onsite support as they implement Reading In Motion in their classrooms. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned professional with years of experience teaching children and coaching adults in early childhood education.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Founded over 30 years ago, Reading In Motion is a results driven literacy organization that gets students reading at grade level or above within the first years of school, especially those students whose environment or circumstances put them in greater need of support. It offers an engaging, innovative literacy model, designed in both Spanish and English, that collaborates with teachers to measurably improve students’ reading and build crucial reading skills early to start students on the path for a lifetime of successful learning.
Reading In Motion leverages its resources by training classroom teachers on its curriculum, which incorporates music and drama based elements in individual and small group sessions. These teachers deliver the curriculum daily, and Reading In Motion provides them with coaching, materials and monthly data on student progress so that they are better able to tailor instruction and attention to students’ individual needs. Reading In Motion consistently drives significant gains in literacy for students, with 82% of Reading In Motion students reading at grade level, compared to 61% of Chicago Public Schools students in 20152016.
Halfway to its ambitious goal of serving 10,000 students per year by 2019, Reading In Motion currently has school partnerships with 37 schools in Chicago and 7 schools in Racine, Wisconsin. We are opening our first new site in Las Vegas with 4 schools in the 20172018 school year.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Foster collaborative and trusting relationships with teachers to provide realtime support and professional development through classroom observations
● Use a repertoire of strategies for adult learners including modeling, coteaching, coplanning, debriefing and reflection
● Develop strategies for helping Reading in Motion teachers optimize instructional practices, assisting in the identification of student needs, and the differentiation of instructional support
● Analyze student and classrooms data to set specific goals and develop strategies that will inform instruction and positively impact results
● Support teachers in completing benchmark and progress monitoring assessments according to a set schedule
● Write and maintain coaching logs, actions plans, data reports, and various coaching tools
● Collaborate with other members of the Reading in Motion team during weekly team meetings and on various projects
● Deliver high quality initial program training to new teachers in all Reading in Motion beliefs, content, and methods
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred
● A minimum of 7 years of professional experience, including at least 3 years of coaching teachers or other adults
● Knowledge of, and experience using, adult learning theories and strategies
● Experience with elementary school aged children in classroom settings
● Deep understanding of reading skill acquisition in the earliest grades
● Proficient in using technology (MS Office, iPad, Google Docs)
● Willingness to travel to different schools on a daily basis, and to Chicago 14 times per year
COMPENSATION: Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY: To: HR@readinginmotion.org
Reading In Motion is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds